|AMID EVIL Maps|
|Episode 2: Domain of the Sentinels|
|Episode 3: The Sacred path|
|Episode 4: Solar Solstice|
|Episode 5: The Forges|
|Episode 6: Arcane Expanse|
|Episode 7: The Void|
Selenic Stronghold is the first level in Episode 1: Astral Equinox.
Description in the in-game codex[edit | edit source]
An ancient stronghold that lies inside a complex of mountain caves, you must battle your way through to reach the platform that leads to the bastion above.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Secrets[edit | edit source]
- Directly underneath the platform you start the level on there is a Large blue mana. If you jump off the left side of the platform you can get underneath it.
- After jumping into the water at the start of the level, there is a small underwater cave below the starting platform containing Whisper's Edge
- Left of the structure with the moon symbol at the start is a cave containing several items
- Taking the left path to get the silver key, before the doorway that leads to the button that creates the stairs down, there is a small cave to the right containing 3 Large Health and 1 Large Blue Mana
- After taking the stairs down and entering the water, enter the sewage pipe by crouching. It contains 2 Medium Blue mana, 1 Medium Green Mana and 2 Medium Health
- After leaving Secret #5, there is a small hole on the left side of the fence leading to 1 Large Blue Mana
- Taking the right path to get the gold key, under the water underneath the bridge near the stairs to get out of the water is a small tunnel. Swim up the hole to get a Large Soul and a Large Health.
- After going through the gold/silver key door, jump down on the pillar before the broken bridge and above the water and touch the straight part of the wall to open up a small alcove leading to a Large Blue mana and a Large Green mana.
- Climb all the way up the tower at the end. Walk forward after climbing the final staircase instead of walking towards the exit and look up. There is a red switch you can shoot to open up a wall behind you. Jump down to get a Full health
Messages[edit | edit source]
- On the left side of the structure with the moon symbol is the message "Press Tab to see level stats"
- Inside the structure with the moon symbol, in the same location as the Staff of the Azure Orb is the message "From these sacred waters the Azure orb was formed"
- In front of the gold/silver key door is a plate on the floor with the message "The way forward lies both left and right"
- Taking the left path to get the silver key, underneath the red button you have to shoot is the message "Fire upon the red rune above"
- Taking the right path to get the gold key, after the bridge and beyond the stairs is a rocky path upwards. Followed is a staircase down to the left and a staircase up to the right. Take the staircase down and you'll find the message "Soul and fire"
- Next to Message #5 is the message "Water and blood"
- On the wall behind the non-secret Whisper's Edge is the message "Use the Whisper's Edge wisely. It may strike many foes at once."
- In the doorway leading to the exit elevator is the message "Platform to Bastion of the Blue Moon"
Destructible decorations[edit | edit source]
There are 46 destructible decorations:
- There are 2 burning braziers in secret #3.
- Taking the left path to get the silver key, there are 2 standing torches while going upstairs
- After picking up the Legendary soul in the left path, two walls open revealing 1 burning brazier
- There is 1 burning brazier in secret #5
- There are 6 burning braziers on the fence next to secret #6
- Taking the right path to get the gold key, there are 14 burning braziers on the bridge and 2 burning braziers on the rocky path upwards
- After picking up the Legendary soul in the right path, two walls open revealing 1 burning brazier
- There are 2 burning braziers next to the doorway opposite to the previously opened walls near the Legendary soul and 1 more burning brazier further down the path.
- There are 2 standing torches behind the gold key, next to the stairs leading back down.
- There are 2 standing torches next to the gold/silver key door.
- There are 6 burning braziers on the bridge beyond the gold/silver key door.
- There are 2 burning braziers next to secret #7
- There are 2 burning braziers next to the elevator near the bridge that gets destroyed by a Starlight Defender projectile.
Optional secret message[edit | edit source]
Taking the right path to get the gold key, after the bridge and beyond the stairs is a rocky path upwards. Above the first Large Health power-up is a small opening. Up that area is a message that reads "Howdyagethere". You can either use the AERO Cheat or lure a Starlight Defender to that area by pushing it down with their own recoil, then getting hit by several bombs in quick succession to get up there. This does not count towards the MSGS. statistic.